8 Fabulous Home Remedies for Stronger Nails
Guest post by Jelly Jeff
Becoming beautiful is the inevitable need of women. Obviously, this includes having the ruddy, smooth hands with brightening and stronger nails.
However, instead of going to the expensive spas and beauty centers, you can use available things in your kitchen to nourish the beautiful and healthy nails.
Here are eight home remedies for stronger nails.
Toothpaste is familiar and vital with every family in daily life. Apart from preventing tooth decay and whitening teeth, it is beneficial to make your nails no longer stained and brittle.
- Mix white colored toothpaste with a bit salt (or not) and then rub on your nails.
- After that, use a toothbrush to rub gently for about 5 minutes.
- You will have the pretty stronger nails as you want if doing that twice or three times a week.
Olive oil and warm water
Olive oil is one of the popular ingredients in various beauty treatments. Many women are fond of this oil and use it. So, it is indispensable for making your nails stronger.
- Soak your hands in the mixture of warm water and a few drops olive oil each day, which makes your nails smooth and brightening.
- Doing this for ten or fifteen minutes each day helps your hands relax.
- Besides, you can also pour some drops of olive oil on your hands and mix with a little salt to massage and warm your hands yourself for five or ten minutes. This, not only makes your nails stronger but also helps your hands smooth and soft because of increased blood circulation.
Baking soda is known as a kind of ingredient to make bread and other foods which require rising. Apart from this, it has a lot of other uses which are women’s beauty remedies such as teeth whitener or hand cleanser because sodium bicarbonate in baking soda is a very effective whitening agent.
- To make your nails bright and stronger, you can use the following remedy with a little time every week.
- Use a paste of water and baking soda to apply on your nails.
- Rub them gently for twenty or thirty minutes and then clean them up.
Beer is one of the men’s favorite beverages, but it is also one of home remedies for stronger nails. The mixture of beer, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar is an excellent remedy for nails problems.
- Heat a quarter cup of olive oil mixed with the same amount of apple cider vinegar and a half cup of beer, and then soak your nails in this rich, nutrient mixture for about fifteen minutes.
- In this way, you can take advantage of excess beer without waste.
If your nails need the help of a strong moisturizer, the mixture of egg yolk and milk is an excellent choice for you.
- Take an egg yolk.
- Mix it with a little milk and then apply this mixture on your nails and massage for five or ten minutes.
- After that, clean them up thoroughly.
- This combination will provide the necessary moisture until your nails are completely healthy and firm.
- Moreover, you can also use the mixture of egg yolk and honey to make your nails stronger. Rub this mixture on your nails, leave it for fifteen minutes and then rinse them off with warm water.
Lemon juice is a basic one of home remedies for stronger nails. Nail disinfectants often cause your nails to become dry, even easy to crack. So, take advantage of lemon juice to overcome the serious problems which nail polish brings to. There are some ways with lemon.
- You can take a few drops of lemon juice mixed with about 200 ml of warm water.
- Soak your nails in it for five or ten minutes.
- Another way is that you can rub a lemon slice directly on your nails and then rinse your hands off with warm water.
Tomatoes contain vitamins A and C which is necessary to help your nails look healthy and beautiful. Also, biotin in tomatoes makes your nails stronger and thicker. Here is the simple remedy for you.
- Mix a half cup of the juice squeezed from a tomato with two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
- Next, soak your nails in it for ten minutes.
- You can do this remedy every day to have stronger nails.
Like lemons or tomatoes, oranges contain a lot of nutrients for stronger nails.
- Simply, you squeeze the juice from an orange and pour it into a bowl.
- Soak your nails in it for just ten minutes and rinse them off.
- Vitamin C and folic acid in orange stimulate the nails stronger and longer.
About the Author:
Jelly Jeff is a writer who shows great interests in Human Nutrition and Fitness.
Moreover, she is a nurse who is working at a National Geriatric Hospital.
She love writing and sharing.
She has been a freelancer for a couple of years and a contributor for many health websites like Authority Remedies, Lifehack or Instructables.